Loading (50 kb)...'
PRC Sec 825-830 AQUACULTURE DEVELOPMENT ACT
PUBLIC RESOURCES CODE
825. This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the California
Aquaculture Development Act.
826. The Legislature finds and declares that it is in the interest
of the people of the state that the practice of aquaculture be
encouraged in order to augment food supplies, expand employment,
promote economic activity, increase native fish stocks, enhance
commercial and recreational fishing, and protect and better use the
land and water resources of the state.
827. The purpose of this chapter is to establish a policy and
program toward improving the science and practice of aquaculture as a
means of expanding aquaculture industry and related economic
activity in the state.
828. As used in this chapter, "aquaculture" means the culture and
husbandry of aquatic organisms, including, but not limited to, fish,
shellfish, mollusks, crustaceans, kelp, and algae. Aquaculture shall
not mean the culture and husbandry of commercially utilized inland
crops, including, but not limited to, rice, watercress, and bean
829. As used in this chapter, "director" means the Director of the
Department of Fish and Game.
830. As used in this chapter, "department" means the Department of
Fish and Game.